Saturday, March 29, 2014

shoulder update.

it's almost been 3 weeks since i injured my shoulder. what started as a possible rotator cuff tear actually is a larbrum, bicep, rotator cuff and a smaller muscle i-can't-remember-the-name-of tear. when i do something, i do it to the fullest extent.

i've made great progress in gaining movement back which thrills me. i'm hoping that with the physio and chiro exercises will keep me from having any surgical repairs in the future. there is still incredible pain, especially if i momentarily forget that i have a shoulder injury and move my arm without caution. it is so much better than the first week so i'm grateful for the pain subsiding and know it won't be long before i can wave like the queen.

i haven't stopped going to the gym, i've just modified my exercises and avoid moving everything from the chest up and keep my arms glued to my side. i'm glad i was given permission to keep going because i knew having to restart once i healed would be awful. getting back up on the treadmill was really stressful, i was worried about falling again but thankfully i didn't.

here's a picture from today of my lovely bruising. it seems to resurface if i use my arm too much. no pain no gain! (gotta love grainy iphone photos).


thanks everyone for the well wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment